Friday, November 5, 2010

Cool Fridays:A Learning Experience

As you know I am a big fan of Von Pea.
So you know when I found a demo
entitled "Audible Silence:The Words Anthology"
I went nuts.
Hear's what Von says about the project made back in 2001
"It was 2000. I’d just met eccentric and krewcial. Eccentric taught me how to make beats with my computer and krewcial taught me how to record vocals on my computer. Eventually khrysis, bennie guinness, suburb, and aeon would teach me some of the techniques I still use to this day. My first song was called “I got soul”. After I did that one (rapping into headphones) I recorded a full length demo and put it on mp3.com. No one could understand what I was saying, and the reason was because I needed a real microphone. If you listen to “over” by tanya morgan you’ll hear the story. I didn’t have a job so I literally saved any drop of money I’d get for weeks until I could afford a mic. First song I recorded with the real microphone was called “its us” and to this day its still my favorite song I’ve done because it was the beginning. I still remember how I felt standing there recording it, it felt like I was on stage at graduation! Its the last song on my first real effort, and that came out 2001. After I put it online I did some remixes to some of the songs and a new song or two, then “repackaged” it. This is the repackaged version. If you come to my blog often chances are this is old news to you, but bare with me. “pea’s gotta have it” is on the way (Sept. 7th) and I’m revisiting the things that got me to this point."







No comments:

Post a Comment