Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Academic Insomnia

So since I am always up late trying to kill time until I have to wake up again, I decided to make a new segment called "Academic Insomnia" where I just give you enormous amounts of new music at once and if your up, your priveleged to get it first. So lets start this off right!

U-N-I are re-releasing their classic album "A Love Supreme" called "A Love Supreme 2.0" with a few new tracks and some very awesome remixes.  The album officially dropped this morning, so I'll give ya'll the DL link later on. Until then, settle with a couple new tracks from the album.

Also Thurz drops a verse along side XXL Freshman Fashawn and Mistah F.A.B. on "Bootleg Liquor" by rapper Balance (who? yeah me neither.)

The less talented half of Outkast Big Boi is finally getting ready to drop his long delayed album "Sir Lucious Leftfoot: The Son of Chico Dusty".  I must say,  not a big Big Boi fan, but I am actually anticipating this album.  Anyways here's his first single off the album with some visuals.
(saw him perform at Rock The Bells last year, least favorite)
 
(hahahahaha. I'm WEAK at George Clinton in this video. He's done done lol)

Gym Class Heroes frontman, Travis McCoy is prepping to drop his solo album "Lazarus" under T-Pain's Nappy Boy Ent. (still don't understand that one).  Here is his first single called "Billionaire" featuring Bruno Mars.  This song sounds very "Sublime"-ish, maybe thats just me. 

Young Chris is finishing up his "Network 2" mixtape and I'm kinda hype about it. Always been a Young Gunz fan. Ya know...can't stop, won't stop....Rocafella records...whatever lol Here is the first leak off the mixtape featuring the should-be-Drake-right-now J. Cole!

Okay now this one shocked the hell out of me. Idris Elba, yes from "The Wire" Idris Elba, can rap, and he's actually good at it.  He has a very reggae style, which is just really unexpected.  Apparently he's coming out with an album called "High Class Problems". Even 9th Wonder is backing him on production which is never a bad thing.  I approve Mr. Alba. I approve.

New Sene? absolutely! Off his upcoming album "Reality Bites"

Here is some new Big Sean for ya. "Finally Famous!"
"Okay" feat. Chip Tha Ripper & GLC

Last but not least, here is the first song off the (dare I say?) LAST album from Little Brother, entitled "LeftBack".  Beginning of the end for Hip-Hop (*sigh* as I play "GetBack" on repeat)
 Best Rap Duo Ever - "Curtain Call" (prod. Khrysis)

Andddddd.....good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment