Monday, May 3, 2010

Battle Of The Singles

I know ya'll haven't seen a post from me in a while but I've been busy working on my conspiracy blog (http://www.justifytheory.blogspot.com/). But now im back to give ya'll what I've missed the last few weeks.

It seems like everyone has been putting out singles this week. So im going to give them all to you in the order of who's was the best. Sound good? Of course it does.

Everyone has been going crazy over the Cam/Jim Jones renunion last week in Atlanta as if it will bring the revival of New York rap,....yeah right. I personally believe that Jim Jones has lost the classic Dipset valor that people so enjoyed during Cam's "Pink Panther" days. Nevertheless, Cam and his newest protege Vado have been grinding the past few months releasing quality street music that Dipset fans have desperately missed. Off of their upcoming mixtape, Boss Of All Bosses 2.5, Cudi extends his vocals over a very chilling Alchemist beat. I am feeling this joint alot and I'm not just saying that because Cudi is on the hook. Cudi x Cam collaborations need to happen more often in my life. Just saying.

4. Curren$y - King Kong
Mr. Hot Spitta is finally dropping his long awaited Pilot Talk album this month. And what better way to remind people that the project exists than to release a very dope single. Taking the classic Denzel Washington-Training Day quote and turning it into a song was very clever I thought (for those that did not know where the hook was from until just now, shame on you). Currsen$y is a very consistent dude, material wise. This joint is definitely a Jets classic.

3. Jay Electronica - The Ghost Of Christopher Wallace feat. Diddy
As happy as I get when I see new Jay Electronica music, I always have this sense of hate towards him because we all know he is sitting on a "Fort Knox" of music right now that he refuses to share with the world.  This is a track rumored to be on his nevercomingout long delayed Act II album.  I am seriously starting to think he only makes music so he can listen to himself.  However, enjoy what he does decides to share.

2. Eminem - Not Afraid
Considering that most people just ignore that fact that Relapse even came out and are all waiting for Eminem's Recovery album (I personally enjoyed Relapse).  It's safe to say that this is Em's official return to the rap game.  I have honestly never heard Em sing this much on a song before, but I'm kind of feeling it.  He's getting kind of commerical though I think...eh (*kanye shrugs*)

1. J. Cole - Who Dat
No explanations as to why I have him as #1.  It's Cole.

BONUS (for those that want the artwork):





No comments:

Post a Comment